The following students: Mike Plante, Madee Derouchie, Josh Lyon, Brionna Foster, Mia Snyder, Alexis Smith, Trevor Phillips, and Majenta Sweeney were selected to receive the Physical Education Student Leadership Award presented by the Northern Zone of the New York State Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance. This distinction honors those students who have exhibited admirable leadership qualities in addition to promoting and demonstrating a healthy lifestyle both in and out of school.
Selection Criteria: (Each P.E. teacher from elementary, middle, and high school selected 2-3 students that met the following criteria)
1) demonstrates competency in a variety of movement forms and/or sport skills.
2) demonstrates knowledge of movement concepts, rules and procedures.
3) values learning.
4) exhibits a healthy lifestyle.
5) demonstrates leadership and is a positive influence on peers.
6) demonstrates responsible personal and social behavior, sportsmanship and citizenship.
The Northern PE Zone is made up of P.E. and Health educators from Clinton, Essex, Franklin, and St. Lawrence Counties.